Careers – Senior Digital Marketing Manager Vacancy
Thanks to our awesome team and clients, our family is growing so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join us. If you love creating work that you’re proud of and passionate about, and you’re looking to do that in a place surrounded by friends doing the same, we might be the perfect fit.
Join us today, define our tomorrow.
The Senior Digital Marketing Manager role is brand new for us, so you’ll have massive amounts of autonomy and be able to define your own success. There is no ceiling to this role and we anticipate it to evolve over time, so you’ll be a crucial part of our continued success.
Our power is our people. Want to become part of our story? The best is yet to come.
Salary: Up to £40k DOP (Depending on Person)
Hours: Full time
Check out the perks and apply below…
Who we are
Dirty Martini is an award-winning creative agency working with an array of awesome organisations across the UK, Europe and USA. These ambitious brands trust us to elevate their businesses above the competition. And we deliver. We craft beautiful digital experiences that bring brands to life.
Dirty Martini was founded in 2018 by Cameron Hodder. He’s on a mission to build a forward-thinking, creative agency that puts people at the heart of everything it does – the kind of company he always wanted to work for, but could not find. A place where people come and create the best work of their lives. And where they have incredible fun doing so.
In this fast-moving world, many businesses focus solely on return on investment and profit at the expense of their people, their customers, and even themselves. We don’t. Our team are family and our clients are friends, and we want them all to benefit from interacting with us.
We nurture, develop, recognise and reward our team. Happy experts deliver extraordinary results. We’re lucky enough to work with some amazing clients including Deliveroo, Michael Caines, Naturalmat, Hutch Houseplants, New Space Architecture, Cake or Death, Hornit, Exeter Food & Drink Festival, Beyond Legal, Harry’s Restaurant, Hornit and InExeter to name a few!
What you’ll be doing
You’ll report directly to the MD and will oversee the content production, digital marketing, design and photography team. Our Social Media Executives, Content Specialist, Graphic Designer and Office Administrator will report to you. As well as retained clients, we also work on individual projects such as website development and branding, of which you’ll be involved in the project management.
Our clients are diverse, ranging from architects to accountants, with hospitality, food & drink being our specialisms. We believe in every single one of our clients’ businesses. We don’t just manage their accounts, we understand their business, so we can truly act in their best interests and get the best results.
As well as looking after our clients and their marketing, you’ll also be crucial in defining our own marketing success. You’ll develop our in-house strategies which will strengthen our position as industry experts and leaders. Regular content contributions, campaign planning and project management will be essential.
- Manage enquiries by meeting prospective clients, listening to their needs and goals and evaluating if we’re a good fit for them.
- Assist with client proposals as well as identifying potential new clients and opportunities such as events and training sessions.
- Onboard new clients, ensuring they experience the Dirty Martini standard from the beginning of our relationship.
- Embed clients into our tech stack accordingly – including our project management suite, social media management, plus analytics and reporting platforms.
- Formulate digital marketing strategies for our clients based on the individual project goals or the hours available from retainers.
- Translate these strategies into working docs and calendars shared with our clients and teams including keywords, content calendars, campaign planners and budgets.
- Work with our content specialist to provide clients with tailored content plans specific to their campaigns and goals.
- Empower your creative flair and marketing knowledge to help make posts, adverts and campaigns stand out.
- Liaise with and oversee our team of experts, managing their workloads to execute the deliverables within the digital marketing strategies.
- Effectively manage team briefings, activity roadmaps and task lists.
- Be hands-on with creating, scheduling and publishing content including social posts, adverts, press releases and email campaigns.
- Manage client accounts on a day-to-day basis, building and maintaining strong, trusted and meaningful relationships.
- Inspire, lead and manage our teams to ensure that plans for each of our clients are delivered and results are achieved in the most effective way.
- Review processes, set frameworks and deliver management plans for our internal processes to ensure improved efficiencies and best practices.
- Analyse reports and KPI’s across campaigns and clients to measure our success, understand new opportunities and develop strategies to maximise results.
- Hold regular meetings with our clients. Ensure they understand exactly what’s happening in their accounts, so they know we’re working to make as much revenue for them as possible, not to make as much money from them as possible.
- Lead our WIP schedules and meetings, ensuring the team are clear on projects, priorities and key deadlines.
- Act as an extension of our client’s team – you’ll be expected to know and understand their business in detail.
- Become the point of contact for our retained clients and support team members with project work, including account and timeline management.
- Ensure you’re familiar with the latest trends, best practices and procedures to help us stay as current and cutting edge as possible. Create automated workflows that assist our efficiency.
- Direct and assist with the production of our client reports. Ensure we’re communicating effectively and providing the right information to each client.
- Assist with the creation of our own marketing assets including blogs, creds decks, case studies, marketing, sales proposals and award submissions.
- Challenge the norm. We exist to be disruptive, innovative and exciting in all that we do. We’re solutions focussed, results-driven and entrepreneurial-minded.
Who we need
✔︎ Experienced in Account Management as well as Digital Marketing
✔︎ Agency experience is desired (but not essential) and around 2+ years experience in Digital Marketing
✔︎ Would suit an established Account Director (or Senior Account Manager ready to step up)
✔︎ Fully self-motivated – we encourage, lead, and support…we don’t micromanage
✔︎ Comprehensive understanding of major Digital Marketing elements including SEM, Social Media, SEO, PPC, Email and Content marketing
✔︎ Understanding of both B2B and B2C content marketing
✔︎ Full technical competence of social media platforms
✔︎ Tech-savvy. We use a lot of different tools to make our lives as easy as possible – you’ll find these tools easy to use and keep an eye out for new ones
✔︎ Previous specialism of SEO would be icing on the cake
✔︎ Experience in campaign planning, creation, management, scheduling and reporting is essential
✔︎ Proven success and understanding of hospitality industry and luxury brands would be beneficial
✔︎ WordPress and MailChimp skills would be an advantage
✔︎ An entrepreneurial mindset and you’ll enjoy working autonomously
✔︎ Strong listening skills with a keen eye for detail – you’ll be able to read a room and the people in it
✔︎ You’ll be super organised and have loads of energy too
✔︎ Fast learner, able to absorb and retain knowledge on new businesses, products and markets
✔︎ Understanding of email marketing campaigns including communication funnels
✔︎ Hunger to learn and progress
✔︎ Competent editing and proofreading skills
✔︎ Strong project management capability and detail orientation
✔︎ Experience working on digital lead generation campaigns using channels such as SEO, PPC, social, LinkedIn etc.
What you’ll get
💰 Competitive salary
The salary guide is up to £40,000.00 per year, depending on person. We say depending on person, as it’s far more than just experience that’s important. Every person is unique, so we strive to find the best match for both company and candidate. We value what each individual brings to us and reward that accordingly, so rather than putting strict salary schedules here, we’d far rather have a chat and find out what each of us is looking for.
💴 Company pension
👍 Flexible schedule
😎 Monday to Friday
🙌 No weekends
📍 Awesome city centre location
💻 Latest MacBooks and high-end studio kit
🏖 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays
🍾 Prosecco Friday’s – we wine-d down early on a Friday over a glass of fizz to catch up
🧘 Yoga! Once a week we become Yogi’s with our private Yoga session and instructor
🍽 Regular free lunches
💆♀️ Workplace massage therapist visits twice a month
☕️ Free tea & coffee, morning coffee run by Timber Coffee X Exe Coffee Roasters
⚽️ Team outings and socials
⭐️ Personal training and professional development allowance
🎉 Annual work anniversary gift
🌲 Christmas party
😎 Summer party
🎁 Festive fun – party, secret Santa & full Christmas period close-down
🎂 Birthday pressies
Why people work for us
Never willing to settle, we drive ourselves to exceed expectations, delivering cutting edge marketing solutions and experiences that are affordable, memorable and above all, deliver tangible results. Our team of specialists provide businesses with support where they need it most.
01. We’re totally independent. This means we care more about you.
There are no banks, investors or shareholders to schmooze.
02. Being an indie means we’re people-led, not profit-led, so we invest time to wow clients.
This enables our culture to be sustainable as we’re happy, doing what we love, for awesome people.
03. We’re Shopify Partners, Mailchimp Partners and we’re Google Certified.
All our clients benefit from working directly alongside our qualified in-house professionals.
04. 100% of our work happens in-house. Nothing is outsourced.
If the need arises, we have a brilliant network of niche experts who we’ve met along the way.
05. We’re award-winning, with a 5 star Google and Facebook rating too!
Our trusted testimonials and recommendations speak for themselves.
06. 90% of our clients come from recommendations.
75% of our clients have been with us for more than two years.
07. Happy experts, who work and socialise together.
Our team is our most important asset. We look after each other. Ask them!
08. 50+ years combined experience.
Old enough to know. Young enough to be hungry. That’s important.
What they say
I worked at Dirty Martini previously and could not speak more positively of my experience. From the day I started, the team were friendly, helpful and incredibly welcoming. They’re a fantastic bunch with so much individual talent in each department. Cameron’s done a fantastic job of growing the company and building the team. I really enjoyed my time there & particularly the fact that Cameron really seems to care about his employees. I learnt a lot, worked hard & had a great time along the way, I’d recommend Dirty Martini to anyone.
Victoria Walmesley – Executive Assistant
I was fortunate to work with the team at Dirty Martini when I ran Coastal Recycling’s sales and marketing, they were great then! Now I’ve left Coastal and joined them to help them to develop and grow. The team here is good, no, really really good. I love the way they think, the way they act, their honesty, creativity and drive to do the very best for their clients.
Richard Marsh – Marketing Consultant